Here is a snapshot of the planned Covid-19 inoculation unit:
* About 100 to 200 people will be vaccinated during each session per day
* People will be monitored for 30 minutes after taking photos for any adverse events
Read our live coronavirus blog for all the latest news and updates
* The vaccination team will consist of five members
* If the session site has adequate logistics and space available for the waiting room and observation room along with the crowd management facility, another vaccination officer may be added to create a session for 200 beneficiaries.
* The Covid Vaccine Intelligence Network (Co-WIN) system – a digitized platform – will be used to track beneficiaries enrolled for vaccination and coronavirus vaccines in real time
* Twelve photo IDs, including a ballot paper, Aadhaar card, driver’s license, passport and pension document will be required for self-registration on the Co-WIN website
* At the vaccination site, only pre-registered beneficiaries will be vaccinated in accordance with the priority setting and there will be no provisions for on-site registrations.
* States were asked to allocate the vaccine from one producer to one district to avoid mixing different vaccines in the field
* Every precaution shall be taken to avoid exposure of the vaccine carrier, vaccine ampoules or ice packs to direct sunlight.
* Vaccines and thinners will be kept inside the vaccine carrier with the lid closed until a beneficiary comes to the vaccination center.
* States have been tasked with implementing an integrated 360-degree strategy for comprehensive communication and social mobilization to address the challenges of the progress and benefits of vaccine launch.
Recently, the government said it would deploy its vast election machine to deliver 60 million doses of Covid vaccines in the first phase of mass vaccination. At the same time, the government is also preparing with 28,947 points for the cold chain, with 85,643 equipment from all over the country, which are able to store vaccines.
(With entries from PTI)