In the latest indie showcase, Nintendo unveiled a handful of exciting titles coming to Switch in 2021. The biggest revelation is that Among us, one of the biggest games of 2020, not only comes on the Switch, but will be available later today.
There were a lot of other interesting announcements. One of the most notable revelations was that classic rouguel series Spelunky comes to Switch next year. This includes both the original Spelunky as well as Spelunky 2, with local multiplayer for both (and online for the sequel) in the summer of 2021.
Other disclosures include:
- Fist-puffs, a physics-based fighter about cats wreaking havoc in an empty house, will be launched in early 2021
- Tunch, a hand-drawn action game about exploring a fantasy version of the Amazon rainforest, will be released in March 2021
- Cyber-Shadow, a retro, pixel-art action game from Mechanical Head Studios (and published by Knight shovel Studio Yacht Club Games), will be launched on January 26, 2021
- Calico, another cat-themed game, this time about running an adorable cat cafe, will be available later today
- Alba: A Wildlife Adventure, an exploration game with a natural theme from Monument Valley Studio Ustwo, which was recently released on Apple Arcade, will be on Switch in the spring of 2021
- Gnosis is a short game about finding an alien life form hidden among your crew. It is a mysterious game that must be played several times. There is also a dolphin. It will be out next year.
- Happy game, the latest version from Machinarium developer Amanita Design, described as a game of psychological horror, will be released in the spring of 2021
- Great and brutally hard platformer Super Meatboy Forever comes on Switch on December 23rd
- While I knew Grindstone Come on, there’s more good news: Capy’s addictive puzzle game will hit Switch later today