It’s the holidays, and that means holiday-themed events come to online games, and Overwatch is no different. Blizzard has released the Overwatch 3.02 patch on December 15 and it introduces the Winter Wonderland 2020 event, along with new features, bug fixes and more.
Overwatch 3.02 Update on December 15th patches:
WINTER WONDERLAND 2020
Revine Overwatch Winter Wonderland. Develop new cosmetics, earn weekly rewards and freeze enemies in the new 4v4 holiday fight, Freezethaw Elimination!
Celebrate the season with Winter Litter Boxes. Unlock new seasonal festive items – including legendary skins like Conductor Reinhardt, Ice Empress Moira and Penguin Mei – along with winter items from previous years. In addition, play the Snowball Deathmatch, Yeti Hunter and Offensive Snowball holiday fights!
Learn more about Winter Wonderland at PlayOverwatch.com.
New function: priority permit
In an effort to help address the population imbalance between the roles of Tank, Support and Damage, as well as the longer queue times that Damage players often encounter due to this imbalance, we introduce the new Priority Pass feature. Players can win priority passes by choosing Flex when queuing, with more passes won for wins than losses. Use a priority license to reduce queue time for a role that is currently experiencing higher traffic.
Priority subscriptions cannot be used when playing a group of 5 or more. Since we are trying to pair big parties with other big parties, and these parties already contain a good balance of roles, we do not anticipate that using a priority permit would actually reduce the queue time. As such, we do not want players to waste their passes if this does not have a visible effect on the goal of the feature.
Feature update: Custom Replay Viewer viewer options
We’ve added a new options menu in Replay Viewer, accessible via media commands. Our goal is to give our players more control over how Replay Viewer looks and behaves to navigate playbacks more easily, as well as create great content! These additional settings include the ability to independently switch UI elements, change the power of the player’s outline, turn off target capture sounds, and adjust spectator camera behavior. We’ve also added 0.75x and 1.75x playback speeds to give you finer control.
- Team 1 Banner
- Team heroes 1
- Team 2 Banner
- Team heroes 2
- Status messages
- Playback indicators
- HUD specific game mode
- Kill Feed
- The names of the players
- Players’ health bars
- The force of the player’s contour
- First-person health
- First person final counter
- Information about the ability and weapons in the first person
- First-person crosshair
- HUD first person hero
- First person activity feed
- Objective capture sounds
- Duration of the skipped time interval
- Change FOV to zoom
- FOV interpolation rate
- Free maximum FOV room
- The mix of game sounds has been adjusted to make the steps of the third person more important
New workshop features
- [PC-Only] Inspector log file
When setting Enable Workshop Inspector Log File [PC-ONLY] is enabled, any log entries written to the inspector log will be written to a local file on disk. When the custom game ends (or you log out), the current log file will close. A new log file will be opened each time you are in a new custom game that writes a log line through the log inspector.
- Fixed a bug that caused the display of the health status of heroes with a small amount of damage to appear in full health
- Fixed a bug that made the “Default for friends” option in the competitive leaderboards not persist between game sessions.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Leave as a group” option while leaving games not persisting between game sessions
- Fixed a bug with Beta Queue season stats statistics showing the same ratings for all roles
- Fixed a bug that allowed damage abilities over time to load certain heroes’ final abilities during their final ability activated.
- Fixed a bug that caused effort sounds that were not triggered correctly
- Fixed a bug that caused broken Castle doors to disappear from the game client after the player reappeared
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to land on an unintentional location on the map
The Temple of Anubis
- Fixed a bug that caused the first capture point to have a larger capture point volume than expected
- Fixed an error that resulted in incorrect animation of his left forearm during his Scout emote
- Fixed a bug that allowed D.Va to use Call Mech immediately after it was removed from her mech under rare conditions.
- Fixed a bug that caused her hero’s portrait to reflect a cloned drive during the end of the round streams of PvE game modes
- Fixed a bug that kept it stuck at the previous playback point
- Fixed a bug with his Medal victory picture, which caused him to get caught in allies during specific victory lines.
- Fixed a bug with Sombra hair animation not appearing correctly during her “Hacked” victory position
- An error was fixed that caused her to appear with an abnormal amount of health
- Fixed a bug that made the length of his fighting ability shorter than normal
- Fixed a bug that caused the device to appear underground if Wrecking Ball enters Ball mode while its model is still charging
Once we get a new patch for the game, we will inform our readers. You can read about the Winter Wonderland 2020 event and its aspects here.