Credit: Dhruv Bhutani / Android Authority
- OnePlus Watch gets some much needed improvements and bug fixes.
- The company has also promised to launch the Always-on display and other features in the future.
OnePlus Watch didn’t really start at a good start. Portable reviews were largely unfavorable due to inaccurate activity tracking, lack of launch marking features, GPS abandonment and more. It seems that OnePlus has taken note of many of these issues in the latest update now released for the device.
This is the first over-the-air OnePlus Watch update with firmware number B.40. It will be launched initially on devices in the US and Canada, followed by other countries in the coming days.
The change log of the latest OnePlus Watch update shows that the company has pushed for improvements in things like GPS, fitness tracking, notifications and more. It even crushes some known bugs. However, you may not be too happy with it, as some previously missing features have not yet landed.
OnePlus says it will eliminate Always-on display functionality, remote camera control, all 110 training modes and other attributes in a future update. It is not known when this update will appear, but reports suggest it could be released in mid-May.
In the meantime, you can view the full change log below for the latest update and features promised for the future.
OnePlus Watch B.40 Update Change Log
- Improved GPS performance
- Improved tracking accuracy (walking and running)
- Optimized heart rate monitoring algorithm
- Notification application icons enabled for the most commonly used applications
- Improved lift-wake function
- Optimized notification synchronization algorithm
- Fixed some known bugs
- Improved system stability
OnePlus Watch future features
- Permanent display function
- Remote control of your Android smartphone camera (Android phones running Android 6.0 Marshmallow and above) from OnePlus Watch
- 12 hour time format
- Four languages: German, Italian, Spanish and Polish
- All 110+ training modes
- Compared to the AI watch