The pre-Christmas dinner becomes tragic for a 92-year-old man who died after suffocating Brussels sprouts

A pre-Christmas dinner has become tragic for a 92-year-old Welsh man from the UK who passed away last week after drowning in Brussels sprouts. James Christopher Dingsdale suffered a cardiac arrest after eating vegetables on December 20.

According to a report by NorthWales LiveDingsdale was being cared for by a healthcare worker when he began choking on seasonal vegetables at Glan Clwyd Hospital in Bodelwyddan, Denbighshire, North Wales. The inspector of the retirement company in St David’s Close, Penrhyn Bay, Llandudno underwent a neck exam at Ysbyty Glan Clwyd and initially showed positive signs of treatment, according to the news report. However, he died on December 22 because his condition subsequently deteriorated.

NorthWales Live reports an examination of laryngoscopy which revealed a “Brussels sprouts occluding the glottic opening”. The 92-year-old man was admitted to Glan Clwyd Hospital after falling in early December this year. News reports show that the temporary cause of death was given as cardiac arrest due to the suffocation of a Brussels sprouts.

The website also reports that an investigation opened at Ruthin County Hall on Wednesday found that the company’s retired inspector had a history of medical conditions such as asthma, diabetes and osteoporosis. The report also cites North East Wales and legal center John Gittins. The officer noted that the circumstances that led to the death indicate that there was an incident while the patient was being fed by a health worker at noon on December 20.

Coroner Gittins further mentioned that after the medical team took care of a laryngoscopy, which is an examination of the neck. After the test, the medical team underwent a procedure in which Dingsdale had “a good bilateral chest expansion,” Gittins said. However, due to Dingsdale’s comorbidities, he succumbed to suffocating food particles in his trachea.

NorthWales Live the report also noted that, according to Coroner Grittins, it is unclear whether the unfortunate incident of suffocation was entirely an unnatural matter that led to Dingsdale’s death or any incident in the death of a “fragile gentleman”. all the facts about this unfortunate incident, coroner Gittins will launch a full investigation.

Choking while eating food can happen for several reasons, the most common being talking or laughing while eating or eating too fast.

Source