The Xiaomi Mi Band 5 fitness bracelet, which is the successor to the extremely popular Mi Band 4, with a larger display and magnetic charge, has started to receive a firmware update with new features.
The Mi Band series of fitness trackers is Xiaomi’s best-selling portable product line, so the company is actively supporting these trackers by adding new features. Firmware update 18.104.22.168 brings with it three new features.
First, the new firmware adds support for 24/7 sleep monitoring. Thus, Xiaomi Mi Band 5 officially became the first bracelet in the series to have this feature. Second, the update supports four new languages, namely Indonesian, Greek, Vietnamese and Hebrew.
The third feature is exclusive to the Chinese version of the bracelet and adds support for four new transport cards (Yongchengtong, Shengjingtong, Harbin Citytong, Dalian Pearl).
To update Mi Band 5 to the latest firmware, users will need to update the Mi Fit application to v4.8.0. Then open the application to begin the update installation process. Otherwise, go to Mi Band 5 or Mi Smart Band 5 in the My Devices section and click Check for Updates.
Specifications Xiaomi Mi Band 5
- 1.1-inch (126 x 294 pixels) 24-bit AMOLED color touch screen with brightness up to ≥450 nits, 2.5D scratch-resistant glass, AF coating
- Displays time, steps, heart rate, activities, weather, app notifications, calls, and more
- Photoplethysmography (PPG) / heart rate sensor
- 24-hour sleep tracking, fitness tracking, sedentary reminder
- 11 sports (outdoor running, walking, cycling, indoor running, swimming, exercise, indoor cycling, elliptical machine, skipping rope, yoga, rowing machine)
- PAI Health Analysis, Women’s Health Tracking: Menstrual Cycle,
- Tri-axis accelerometer + tri-axis gyroscope, capacitive wear monitoring sensor, pressure assessment, respiratory training, remote shutter control
- Xiao Ai’s voice assistant (NFC model)
- 5ATM (50 meters) water resistant
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE, NFC (optional)
- Dimensions: 47.2 x 18.5 x 12.4 mm; Weight: 11.9 g / 12.1 g (NFC)
- 125 mAh battery with up to 14 days of battery life in typical mode, 20 days in long battery mode
Mi Band 5 has a 1.1-inch dynamic AMOLED color touch screen with a resolution of 126 x 294 pixels. The current-gen offers a 20% larger screen compared to its predecessor. It also comes with Personal Activity Intelligence, which tracks all activities and has an intelligent algorithm, the brand claims. For those who are unaware, PIA uses heart rate data to inform users about the level of target activity that they need to stay healthy. Mi Band 5 comes with a price of (40 USD).
The fitness team can track 11 activities such as yoga, walking, treadmill, running (indoor and outdoor), cycling (indoor and outdoor), swimming, freestyle training and more. As with most fitness bands, it also supports continuous 24-hour heart rate monitoring. The band can also record and remind female users of the menstrual cycle. You can also control the cameras, such as taking selfies or grouping photos using tape.